Saturday, December 27, 2008

Monster inside

How could I commit this treason
of feeling alone when lying in your arms
You are so right for me
and I am left wandering in my imagination
mysterious feelings
walking in this void through the crowded streets
no one notices I am crying on the inside
like I lost something in my pride
and yet you are there with your heart in my hand
loving so easily
needing so little in your independence
Guilty pleasures in the way you treat me
Carry me on my hero and pay no mind to the tears
they are formed of old pain not brought by you
You smile to me not knowing the storm in my mind
racing a losing course
Passion between us like a tidal force
your breathy voice echoing in my mind
with a song always on your tongue
offering so easily a smile
life in your eyes and so much to give
perhaps my disdain
is in my perception of my own inadequacy
feeling that the pedestal you put me on is too high
and when I inevitably fall
it will break me
where will you take me?
is this how I'm supposed to feel
when I found exactly what I was looking for?
why am I keeping score
when all I want to do
Is let you in
fling the portal wide
with reckless abandon
and be joyous in the moment
this one precious instant with you
and trust the freedom of your caress
feeling now that I am such a mess
You are my hero
Carry me a while while i rest in your embrace
and bury my face
in your faith in me
praying all the while
that you won't see
the hopeless monster inside



No comments: